We’re proud of all the national, regional and local recognition our company receives.
- 2011 Luxottica ranked number one among italian listed companies according to the annual survey organized by the magazine "Institutional Investor".
- 2011 Luxottica has been recognised by Equal Opportunity for Woman in the Workplace Agency (EOWA) as a Equal Opportunity for Employer of Choice for Women in the Workplace.
- 2010 Luxottica and WDF have been awarded “team of the year” during the Supply Chain Excellence Award
- 2010 Luxottica won the seventh edition of "Aretê Award 2010" given by Confindustria and ABI to businesses, organizations and institutions that "communicate" with fairness, transparency and sustainability.
- 2010 Luxottica India has won for the second year in a row the Pinnacle Award as best eyewear brand with Shoppers Stop, the leading department store chain in India.
- 2010 Luxottica has received the “Etica e Impresa 2009” award for the Corporate Social Responsibility. The award is promoted by Italian trade unions CGIL, CISL and UIL, by Associazione Italiana dei Direttori del Personale (Italian Association of Human Resources Managers) and by Federmanagement.
- 2009 For the first time, Luxottica.com takes the Best Climber award in the European Webranking chart.The H&H Webranking survey highlights European best practice standard and transparency in online communication. It also evaluates companies' presence outside the corporate website. Facebook, Wikipedia, YouTube and Twitter are some examples of the channels that are tested in the survey.
- 2009 Luxottica India, the Best Eyewear Brand. Luxottica India received the Pinnacle Award as Best Eyewear Brand for 2009 from Shoppers Stop, the most important premium department store chain in India.
- 2007 Optimas Award from Workforce Management, a premiere HR trade publication, for the work HR did during the Cole acquisition
- 2006 Film Festival Grand Prize from MacLive Film Festival for the video and creative materials created for the LensCrafters Fashion Revolution
- 2005 Supplier of the Year awarded to Sears Optical from Sears
- 2005 Partners in Progress awarded to Sears Optical from Sears Corporate
- 1998-2003 FORTUNE Magazine names LensCrafters on its list of “Best 100 Companies in America.”
Gift of Sight Awards
- 2005 Al Ward Spirit of Giving Award from Chicago Community in Schools which recognizes leaders making headway against difficult challenges and salutes them for their dedication and passion
- 2004 Retail Community Service Award
- 2004 Ron Brown Award for corporate leadership for outstanding achievements in the community
- 1999 Excellence in Corporate Service Award presented by the Points of Light Foundation
- 2008 Excellence Award from the Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations for our outstanding Mentoring program with Withrow High School
- 2006 NSHMBA Award to recognize the support and commitment that Luxottica Retail has given to the National Society of Hispanic Masters of Business Administration by promoting Education, Professional Development and Leadership for Hispanic students and professionals, in the Greater Cincinnati community through sponsorship
- 2006 Freedom Station Partner for our outstanding volunteerism with the National Underground Freedom Center and for continuing the journey for freedom against racism
- 2004 NBMBAA Award for the strong relationship we have built with the National Black MBA Association by participating in national conferences and career fairs
- 2002 Axiem International Award for Absolute eXcellence in Electronic Media for our Introduction to Diversity program CD-ROM
- 2001, 2002 Diversity Leadership Award from the Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association in recognition for corporate leadership
- YMCA Black Achiever Awards given to a Cincinnati associate annually since 1988
Last update: 5 APRIL 2011