For more than 20 years, Luxottica employees worldwide have been giving the gift of sight through OneSight.
Worldwide, more than 250 million people suffer from poor vision. OneSight has helped more than 7 million see more clearly and granted millions of dollars to support research seeking cures for preventable blindness and educational scholarships to students seeking a Degree of Optometry in the United States.
Since 1986, Luxottica employees have given the gift of sight to more than seven million people in need through OneSight (link to Onesight.org). OneSight helps the world see through outreach, research and education. Some key facts include:
- 250 million people worldwide suffer from poor vision
- 20+ years of helping the world see through OneSight
- More than 7 million helped through OneSight
- 3 OneSight Operations Headquarters in Australia, Italy and the United States
- 62,000 global employee volunteers
- Over 70 weeks of Global and Regional Clinic in 2009
- 8 Global Eyewear Recycling Centers
- 2 million pairs of eyewear recycled annually for hand-delivery on Global Clinics
- Millions of dollars granted to support research seeking cures for preventable blindness
- Annual scholarships for students pursuing a Degree of Optometry in the United States
Last update: 14 DECEMBER 2012